Thursday, March 18, 2010

Kitchen Pictures

So, I finally got around to doing the kitchen and I would say it is 90% finished. I am extremely proud to say that I laid the flooring completely by myself. I also cut and installed the baseboards and quarter round and painted. It was a lot of work, spread out over a week's worth of nights. I ended up with a lot of little cuts and bruises and a sore back, but it was completely worth it.

We basically went with the least expensive flooring, so it didn't turn out to be exactly what I would have otherwise chosen, but I've come to view this house as my practice house where I am here to learn all of the lessons of home improvement and maintenance. We went ahead and had professionals fix the drywall and tear the wood paneling off of the other walls, but I feel like maybe I could have done that myself too.



They tore off the old painted-over wood paneling that covered the bottom the kitchen walls, and replaced the drywall under the window, which had gotten wet and rotted.



 I think this is a vast improvement on what we had when we first moved in. 

Before







After

 

 

 

2 comments:

Erin McCoy said...

it looks sooooooo good!!! i love the two-tone!!!!!!!! and the floors!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! You did an awesome job! Looks great. Say I have a load bearing wall I want to knock out, how much do you charge per hour? Are you bonded and insured? References?