Sunday, March 21, 2010

Carrom anyone?

I was doing a little spring cleaning in our garage/basement today and look what I found...


And the flip side:                                               



Yup- you guessed it, it's a Carrom board. Judging from the looks of it, I would be willing to guess that it was purchased by the original owners of the house, several years before I was born.  Rob and I Googled how to play it, but were left with more questions than answers. If anyone is a Carrom expert and knows where I can buy some Carrom-men that are "ICF-sanctioned pieces with a diameter of no more than 3.18 cm and no less than 3.02 cm, and must be between 7 mm and 9 mm thick, with an edge that is round and plain, and a weight of 5–5.5 g." please let me know. If feel like if our old college friends were around we would find some way to make a Carrom drinking game that would probably make about as much sense as the actual games rules.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I would be overly delighted to come make up the rules to this game with you on my next visit.